In this episode, we continue the Muggle’s very first re-read of the series. We are going all the way back to the very beginning, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Today, we are covering chapters six and seven. Find out what jumps out to the Muggle this time around, what he picks up on, what topics he dives deeper into, and what connections he makes. Here’s a sneak Peak.
Chapter 11: Quidditch
● Why isn’t Quidditch played in the Spring, when the weather is nicer?
● I feel like I can skip this chapter thanks to “Quidditch Through the Ages”
● Snape the villain
● Potter for President
● Lee Jordan!!!
● Messing with a broomstick
● The Difference between a jinx and a curse
● Nicolas Flamel!
● Hagrid can’t keep a secret ever
Chapter 12: The Mirror of Erised
● Christmas already
● How to get a book from the Restricted Section
● Chess Pieces Not Trusting Ron
● Chess pieces are like wands
● The invisibility cloak!
● Loving Harry on Christmas
● Christmas Crackers – does anyone in the community do those?
● Hagrid kissing McG
● RIP mice
● Percy is the worst
● Testing Out the Cloak
● The mirror is so cool
● All he wants is approval
● Does Mrs. Norris sleep?
● Harry’s grandparents?
● Dumbledore doesn’t need a cloak to be invisible
● How Dumbledore was able to see Harry
● Thick, woolen socks…
Chapter 13: Nicolas Flamel
● Snape refereeing Quidditch
● The leg-locker curse
● “Alchemy” will always sound incredibly awesome
● The Sorcerer’s Stone…
● The Stone in the grand scheme of the story
● Snape being nice to Hufflepuffs?
● The record for catching a Snitch?
● Quirrell, creepy and weird
#MugglePoll – Episode 123
We learn about a lot of different magic in these chapters – but what kind of magic do you feel needs more backstory/history/explanation of as far as how it works, how it was invented, etc.?
— Tales from Godric's Hollow (@TalesFromGH) November 12, 2018