In this episode, we continue the Muggle’s very first re-read of the series. We are going all the way back to the very beginning, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Today, we are covering chapters six and seven. Find out what jumps out to the Muggle this time around, what he picks up on, what topics he dives deeper into, and what connections he makes. Here’s a sneak Peak.
Chapter 8: The Potions Master
● Ticklish doors?
● Mrs. Sprout = a dumpy little witch?
● Professor Binns
● Why DID Quirrell’s classroom smell like garlic?
● Hagrid sending Harry letters
● Hermione the know-it-all
● Seamus’ cauldron
● Hogwarts … where the points don’t matter!
● Is Mrs. Norris a Maledictus?
● Lying Hagrid
● Bank heists are cool
● What did Dumbledore know?
Chapter 9: The Midnight Duel
● Flying lessons!
● Wizarding Law
● “Quidditch Through the Ages”…
● Remembering a Rememberall??
● Harry, always one to react first before thinking about consequences
● The Many Faces of McGonagall
● Hogwarts Expulsions
● Throwing the Rules Out of the Window
● Oliver Wood
● Weasley Quidditch History
● Malfoy and the Unforgiveable Curses
● Harry Potter or House Points?
● Oh, Neville…
● How did Hermione notice a trap door, in that situation?
Chapter 10: Hallowe’en
● Neville and the Trio
● Harry getting special treatment
● Learning Quidditch
● How to watch Pro-Quidditch
● Weasley Twins = A pair of human Bludgers
● Charlie the Quidditch Stud
● Time jump
● Wingardium LeviOsa!!
● Making Hermione Cry
● Troll … in the dungeons!!!
● If a Troll is 12 ft tall – how tall is Hagrid again?
● First Years with 2 months of knowledge of magic were able to take down a Troll?
● How a Mountain Troll got into Hogwarts in the first place?
● House points – the most useless thing in the entire series